Training Course booking terms and conditions and cancellation policy
Effective from 1st July 2016.
- For current course costs and dates, please refer to our website www.vantagefinancial.co.uk
- Before booking onto the course, please ensure you have read the course content to ensure the course is appropriate for your training needs and that you are able to meet any stated pre-requisites.
- If a course registration/booking form is completed by an individual other than the named candidate, it is the responsibility of the employer to ensure the candidate is suitable for the course and has the relevant experience.
- Upon receipt of your booking form, and subsequent payment your place(s) will be confirmed.
Invoicing and payment
- Course fees are payable upon booking unless a customised course is ordered, at which point only a pre-authorisation will be taken until the specific details of the customised course can be confirmed.
- Payment must be made in pounds Sterling by cheque, credit/debit card or BACS.
- If any amount properly due to VANTAGE PLATFORMS under or in connection with these terms and conditions remains outstanding beyond the due date, VANTAGE PLATFORMS may:
- a. charge interest on the overdue amount at the rate of 8% per annum above the base rate of Lloyds Bank PLC from time to time (which interest will accrue daily until the date of actual payment, be compounded quarterly, and be payable on demand); or
- b. claim interest and statutory compensation pursuant to the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998).
Course attendance and certification
- Candidates will receive joining instructions via email to the email address provided on the booking form.
- It is the responsibility of the individual completing the course registration/booking form to ensure joining instructions are received by the candidate. Instructions will be sent via email to the email address provided on the booking form.
- If the joining instructions are not received, it is the responsibility of the individual who completed the course registration/booking form to contact VANTAGE PLATFORMS Education and Training department to arrange for them to be reissued.
- Failure to attend the course without prior communication will result in the full cost being incurred.
- VANTAGE PLATFORMS will send all correspondence primarily via email to the email address provided on the booking form. If alternative details are received after the booking form has been submitted, they will supersede the original details and all future correspondence will be sent to the new address.
- No certificate(s) shall be issued whilst there is an outstanding balance (including interest on overdue balances and statutory compensation) due to VANTAGE PLATFORMS.
- It may be necessary, for reasons beyond the control of VANTAGE PLATFORMS, to change the content and timing of the programme, the date, the venue or the tutor.
Cancellations and Amendments
- All requests for cancellations and/or transfers must be received in writing.
Changes will become effective on the date of written confirmation being received.
The appropriate cancellation charge will apply based on the cost of your booking, as shown below.
*excluding extenuating circumstances which will be charged at VANTAGE PLATFORMS's discretion.
Calendar days notice before the start date of the course
15 calendar days or more
Between 1 and 14 calendar days (inclusive)
Full refund minus a £10 administration fee
Failure to attend
Treated as late cancellation and no refund given
- In the event of an individual named on the booking form cannot attend, we will accept substitution of another delegate on the condition that written notification of the substitution has been received by us prior to the course date
- If the individual named on the booking form is unable to attend, a full refund is offered but a £10 administration fee will be taken
- Delegates are only permitted to one course transfer or substitution per booking. After this the full fee will be charged.
- In the event of insufficient numbers booked onto a course VANTAGE PLATFORMS reserves the right to cancel or postpone the course.
- In the event of cancellation of a course by VANTAGE PLATFORMS, we will endeavour to inform all participants a week before the course is due to take place. All course fees paid will be reimbursed in full, or the payment will be transferred in full to another VANTAGE PLATFORMS course. VANTAGE PLATFORMS shall not accept liability for any consequential loss and shall have no liability to reimburse any other costs that may have been incurred, including transport costs, accommodation etc.
- Accommodation and travel are the responsibility of the candidate.
- A buffet lunch is provided on all full day courses unless otherwise stated. The cost is included in the price quoted. Any special dietary requirements need to be notified in writing to VANTAGE PLATFORMS in advance of the course commencing.
- If you are unable to attend any of the courses due to extenuating circumstances you must inform VANTAGE PLATFORMS in writing.
- If you were unable to attend due to illness you must provide evidence in the form of a doctor's note.
- VANTAGE PLATFORMS shall not be liable to refund of fees or for any other penalty should courses be cancelled due to war, fire, strike lock-out, industrial action, tempest, accident, civil disturbance or any other cause whatsoever beyond their control.
These terms and conditions, together with the current VANTAGE PLATFORMS website prices, course details and VANTAGE PLATFORMS contact details, set out the whole of our agreement relating to the supply of the course and associated materials and services to you by VANTAGE PLATFORMS. These terms and conditions cannot be varied except in writing signed by a Director of VANTAGE PLATFORMS. VANTAGE PLATFORMS shall have no liability for any such representation being untrue or misleading.